2020.12.02 22:43 PhantomGoldfish Just pulled from a break, any interest?
|submitted by PhantomGoldfish to baseballcards [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 prvbanf45raujo Afternoon strolls make us happy 😍
|submitted by prvbanf45raujo to beagle [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 CHolland8776 Shadow Mountain Village to open in Bellemont in early 2021
|submitted by CHolland8776 to Flagstaff [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 wy_the_paper How to handle fame?
|submitted by wy_the_paper to memes [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 is_Pappy Gee, I really hope this isn't a trapped chest
|submitted by is_Pappy to TerrariaMemes [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 das_cthulu catra doesn't like adora
2020.12.02 22:43 psychoman1128 [PS4] W: UNY/+1STR/WWR Scout legs H: Offers
2020.12.02 22:43 accelschedulemaker Anybody else’s parents Trump supporters?
After coming home from college, all I’ve heard is how the demoRATS are stealing the election from the innocent Trump and how Trump is the greatest thing to have ever happened (this is all Obama’s fault). “The media are trying to bring him down and demoRATS are cheating and fr aiding the election” Then they’re constantly watching conspiracy videos on how they “stole” the election and how the evangelical “prophets” are telling the truth.
submitted by accelschedulemaker to africanparents [link] [comments]
2020.12.02 22:43 sagebrushgushers [Question] Does a person’s past determine who they are? Where does your country/culture stand?
I was watching my guilty pleasure TV show “90 Day Fiancé”, and one of the couples featured on the show is an 41yo American man and a 30yo Russian woman. While currently a loving father and law abiding citizen, the American had a tough early adulthood, selling drugs and serving time in prison. When he finally informs the Russian woman of this, he defends himself with the American phrase “the past is the past”. She counters with a Russian expression of “your past makes you who you are”. These cultural phrases show opposing viewpoints on forgiveness and accountability. Where would the average person from your part of the world stand on this?
submitted by sagebrushgushers to GlobalTalk [link] [comments]
2020.12.02 22:43 3aJlynuLLLa Путин пообщается с представителями общественных организаций инвалидов
|submitted by 3aJlynuLLLa to PikabuNews [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 AyePundehIhaveaKansa Olivier Giroud becomes the first Chelsea player to score four goals in a single #UCL game.
|submitted by AyePundehIhaveaKansa to chelseafc [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 qaa003 Let’s talk about Elemental Resonance and Reactions.
As we know right now Pyro is king while other elements are...lacking. I believe in balance (to some extent) so I tweaked the buffs a bit.
2020.12.02 22:43 omgyoucunt The Last House on the Left (1972) vs (2009)
After years of putting it off I finally watched the 1972 version of Last House on the Left on Amazon Prime. I was 14 when the 2009 remake came out, and never wanted to give the "old movie" a chance. Now that I've watched it I wanted to talk about the similarities and differences between the two movies.
1) Tone: 1972 was one second horrifying and the next second slapstick comedy. I think it worked well for the film, and the comedic scenes didn't hinder the horror scenes, but the upbeat country music score definitely was distracting at times with what was shown on screen. 2009 is a straight up brutal horror movie, no comedy at all.
2) Mary: Mary is definitely a more developed character in the 2009 remake, with the swimming and dead brother backstory and everything. Mari is not developed at all in the 1972 version and we only care about her because of what happens to her.
3 ) The drug deal: Again this important scene I liked better in the 2009 remake. The girls meet Justin and develop his character, pick up the weed, but aren't out in time before our real criminals return. In the 1972 version the girls meet Justin/Junior, and one second later he tricks them and they are being held hostage. The 2009 remake also made that hotel scene way more intense than the 1972 version.
4) Mary's attack: 1972 version did a better job with the attack scene than the 2009 version. 2009 was brutal and uncomfortable, but it lasts a little longer than it needs to in my opinion. 1972 version was a lot easier to watch considering. However, 1972 version just straight up kills Mary. I think it was much cooler to have Mary live, swim back to the house and get her parents help.
5) The necklace. 2009 did this better. 1972 version has Justin/Junior wearing Mary's necklace and the mother just happens to see it. In the 2009 version Justin is overcome with guilt and leaves the necklace for the parents to find in the kitchen. Also in the 1972 version they find out they are at Mari's house and they're like oh cool. The emotional response to Justin finding out in the 2009 remake is more realistic.
6) The parents: The parents going apeshit on the killers is done better in the 2009 version, but I'm wondering how much of this I'm contributing to just modern filmmaking. The mothers seduction scene is super awkward, unrealistic, and ends hilariously in the 1972 version, it's a ton better and more suspenseful in 2009. Justin/Juniors confrontation with his father in the end is also done better in the 2009 remake.
Overall I can now appreciate the 1972 version for what it was. Inexperienced Wes Craven's debut horror movie that showed violence on screen like it had never been seen before. And while there are many obvious flaws from a modern 2020 persons point of view, it had me engaged the entire time and I could easily overlook some of the more odd movie moments (the shaving cream scene and elaborate Home Alone set up, the dumb cops, the awkward seduction, and the abrupt ending).
The 2009 version still remains the better version in my brain, just for the story alone. It is told in a more thoughtful and realistic way, and the transition from scene to scene is more seamless, whereas the 1972 version was all over the place at most times. You will like the characters in the 2009 version more because they have actual backstory and dialog that lets us get to know them. I will say though I like the actors who play the killers in the 1972 version more than the 2009 version (besides Jesse Pinkman obviosuly)
submitted by omgyoucunt to horror [link] [comments]
2020.12.02 22:43 Affectionate-Two9153 A simple question i guess
2020.12.02 22:43 kianworld Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) gets four-episode season finale on December 19th at 2:00a, pre-empting Naruto Shippuden
|submitted by kianworld to Toonami [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 WhyIsLife12 What's been the worst moment of your life so far?
2020.12.02 22:43 mrigney Question about Materials Costs
My builder provides all invoices to me at the beginning of each month. I typically look through them, make sure they add up to what he's asking me to pay for the month. Sometimes I'll look at prices on materials b/c I find it interesting. Today noticed an item from the lumber yard (not lumber...XPS foamboard) that I thought looked a little higher than I expected. Indeed. I pulled it up at the big box stores and saw that it was $5.40 cheaper per sheet there. I would assume that a contractor could get it a little cheaper than that w/a volume buy. If they could get 5-10% off, let's make it $6.25/sheet cheaper at the box store.
I guess I have two questions....1) is it really that much cheaper to buy materials at a big box store? The lumber place this came from is probably the biggest local lumber place in our relatively large city. 2) Should I care that it cost $6 more per sheet for it? It's only $500. But $500 in material here, $300 there, $700 there does start to add up. Just curious what folks experiences are and what my expectations should be.
submitted by mrigney to Homebuilding [link] [comments]
2020.12.02 22:43 3aJlynuLLLa Власти США намерены в феврале обеспечить вакциной от COVID-19 100 млн человек в стране
|submitted by 3aJlynuLLLa to PikabuNews [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 TheBigMcTasty What's a cool way that you've reskinned or repurposed a monster?
2020.12.02 22:43 JustWatch101 Isn’t the Spotify trend but had to show the love
|submitted by JustWatch101 to 070Shake [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 mercerstas Uvidíme čo ste sa naučili na písomke
submitted by mercerstas to KKUImemesTUKE [link] [comments]
2020.12.02 22:43 JMScherfMusic The Grey Rooms Season 3 has Begun!
2020.12.02 22:43 WhatIsSevenTimesSix What made you forbid someone from ever entering your home again?
2020.12.02 22:43 CrimsonCarnage74 My first mindset when I'm in Gensokyo...
|submitted by CrimsonCarnage74 to touhou [link] [comments]|
2020.12.02 22:43 burb675 Terror in Synthesis
|submitted by burb675 to unheardof [link] [comments]|