Swe Codex Regius ¶4, 5 and 6 [OC]
2021.07.27 13:39 Bilb0 Swe Codex Regius ¶4, 5 and 6 [OC]
2021.07.27 13:39 MKZ_IOOO Rickroll?
I the first episode they rickrolled us (Win XP wallpaper reference) The file called "nevergonna" is obviusly a Never Gonna Give You Up reference
submitted by MKZ_IOOO to HTSDOF [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 Definitely-Not-Devin Luka "that guy from the Mavs" Doncic
2021.07.27 13:39 JohnHunter1728 Chicken climbing frame
This is our current set-up for 6 hens... they do also free range for a few hours most afternoons but only under supervision as our anti-fox security system (of German origin) occasionally malfunctions and chases a hen...
I'm tempted to build them a multi-level climbing frame in the run for entertainment. Something like a chicken swing but solid and with a few more levels. Are they likely to use it? One of the hens can fly and often sits in the rafters of the pitched roof. The others can't, though, and I suspect the 2 cochins could barely get off the ground at all.
Any thoughts about how best to do this and whether or not it's worthwhile would be welcome!
submitted by JohnHunter1728 to chickens [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 FartSmjeller I miss simpler times
2021.07.27 13:39 doom_lord56 Can someone rp for me please
submitted by doom_lord56 to SommerRayJerk_RP [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 Board_Several Meme
2021.07.27 13:39 TheWingless1 10 Easy Ways to Improve your Inventory Screen (from your friendly UI UX Art Director)
Hello, you beautiful nerds! I'm John, your friendly Art Director with a 20ish-year background in videogame UI UX Design - who sometimes writes a bunch of videogame-related UI and UX articles and guides here... and today will be no exception (besides, I saw the top post was a plea for more articles)!
Making an Inventory screen is remarkably, deceptively challenging if you've never done it before. So in this age of wanting to give back generously, I've made this ultra-quick-and-dirty guide to help shore up your Inventory screen practically overnight. Got a question you don't want mean old Reddit to know? feel free to DM.
Use the Inventory Screen to showcase hidden stats & resources
- Have a stat that’s inappropriate for the HUD or a widget that fades over time? Showcase it in your Inventory screen. For example, soft & hard currencies usually show up in permanence on the Inventory.
- If you gate your items by level (i.e. Level 23 or Heavy Weapons VII required), be sure to surface those gating stats somewhere on the Inventory, as well.
- If that’s impossible, be sure to give your items obvious visual tells that they are unusable… and why! (for example, a red hash-marked sword that says Lv 99)
- As a general rule, if any stat or resource gates the use of an inventory item - or if an inventory item can influence those stats back, always surface those numbers on the Inventory.
Use Badging to alert the Player to unseen updates
Try to limit the way things scroll
- Badging (for the sake of simplicity, think a circle with two digits inside) is a simple and effective way to remind your Players of information they’ve completely forgotten.
- Badge your navigation options in the Header to show updates to the Inventory, Character & Quests
- Be sure to badge new items in your Inventory! If there’s any one quality-of-life improvement that will instantly improve your project, it’s remembering what you just forgot!
- As a general rule, I try not to have two scrollbars on the same screen. Two scrollbars are visually and technically confusing… and just looks trashy as hell (spittoon sound effect).
- You can try to sidestep this by pairing your text fields with scroll bars, and your inventory system (a grid or list) with a pagination system.
- In dire situations where you must use two scrollbars, see if you can arrange one vertically and the other horizontally.
Trouble with typography? Think Superman & Clark Kent
Think about how Console users navigate menus
- Typography is crazy-hard, I get it. Control the complexity by going simple and only using a Title Font and a Body Font
- Your Title font should be used in large sizes and have the “personality” your game is going for, but not at the expense of legibility!
- Stay safe: grab a sans-serif font. Sans-serifs don’t have those “fiddly-bits” at the end of the letter.
- Your Body font should be comparatively boring and read well in paragraphs at small sizes.
- Think of your fonts like Superman and Clark Kent. One is supposed to change the world, the other is just supposed to blend in.
- Controllers need special love: use the highest shoulder buttons to tab through navigation on the Header. Be sure to include your button prompts!
- If you have a sub menu (like a Filter system), use your lower shoulder (trigger) buttons to emulate the difference in elevation.
- If you run out of face buttons remember: you have click-in sticks! Think about using them for [Hide Helmet] or to quickly jump between screen spaces, like from the grid to the “Paperdoll” to equip items.
- Steer away from emulating a mouse-like pointer on a controller - it’s inefficient and frustrating for the Player who is now can only as fast as your slowest UI.
Think about your Grid System's individual cells
Does this REALLY need to be on the Inventory?
- Grids can get very noisy, very quickly, so make sure your iconography is large and artistically legible so the Player can form mnemonics from the details.
- This also implies tight control over the total number of cells in the grid. Low frequency of pickups? A 64x64 paginated grid would be overkill. Dozens of items every 5 minutes? A scroll list showing 4-per-screen would be infuriating.
- Save a corner of a cell for Badging that the item is new. Watch out - some of your items may have quantities, so save another corner (possibly the bottom center?) for three digits.
- Even presuming one corner is used for badging and another for quantity, you also have two other corners you can use to badge!
- Color-code or otherwise treat individual cells so that the Player can identify them at a distance and en-masse. Maybe healing items have a faint green tinge on the background square. Weapons always have a thick metallic border? Did you make sure gated items look appropriately unusable and show unambiguous messaging as to why?
Wait, SHOULDN’T this be in the Inventory?
- Your inventory screen is busy enough, so the screen that benefits the most from pruning and audits will be this one.
- Quest items that cannot be used likely shouldn’t be shown at all, unless they have some lore to provide - and even then - consider what an unworkable cell in the Inventory adds to the experience.
- Does ammo need to take up a cell, or can it always persist and be counted en-masse like any other resource?
- If you have a massive section of the screen dedicated to small item descriptions, would you be better served with a call-out style pop up?
- Conversely, if your pop-up is overflowing with numbers and scrollbars, have you considered dedicated screen space for this great undertaking?
Keep things moving smoothly
- If you have items that are gated by level (or an item that gives experience), you should definitely show Experience Points on the Inventory screen
- Using a traditional grey-green-blue-purple-orange rarity system? Make sure those colors are surfaced somewhere on the grid… without looking like an open bag of skittles on your existing color scheme.
- Does a weapon take a specific ammo type? Show it on the item’s cell and think about a color-coded icon.
- If the Player equips a new item, don’t forget to show how the stats will change before they commit to that change.
- If I’ve slotted an item to the digital-pad, you’ll need to surface what that setup looks like and allow the Player to reconfigure on the fly.
- If your Inventory is more of a Tetris-style organizational meta-game, think about an auto-sort feature.
- If your breadth of Inventory items is sufficiently broad, you should definitely have a filter system.
Use your inventory to test your game!
- Instead of a jarring pop-up to confirm an important decision, what about a tap and hold function for certain lesser gates (drop or destroy item)?
- Transitions and screen effects should happen AFTER the functional parts of the screen are ready and never impede Player interaction.
- As an easy mental guide, construct your UI UX around speedrunners
- Dedicate a button to close the entire Shell Menu down and return to the game (yes, many games forget this!).
- Your Player will spend the majority of their time in Inventory - for better or worse - so make sure textures load swiftly and the Player has easy access to frequently-visited screens.
- Inventory management will never be fun, so explore your game through the tedium you have to wade through moment-to-moment, not just the highlight reel in your head.
- Figure out just what kind of pace your game has
- Will the Player be coming to this screen in a wild panic to heal or buff?
- Are they careening around lists and grid cells trying to find one specific thing?
- Are they coming to the Inventory to use one item regularly and frequently?
- You may need a quick-item function!
- Is there a fun meta-game in your Inventory, or does the pace and fun die a silly death?
- If it was a silly death, consider how much your game would be improved by simply... not being in the Inventory screen as much.
Whew! Thank you so much for making it this far. I have tons of other guides on my site, like 7 Obvious Mistakes with your Videogame HUD
and What Really Happens in a UI UX Interview for Games
If you're deadly serious about getting into the game Industry as a UI Artist (or just hate corporate UI UX), feel free to check out my mentorship program, where I can teach you game UI UX Design myself.
Thank you so much for reading this hot mess and I look forward to playing the ever loving HELL out of your title and it's fractionally improved Inventory screen. :P
submitted by TheWingless1
to gamedev [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 BigRookGames 25,600 enemies at 60fps - my experience with using ECS to make a game
2021.07.27 13:39 rolfthedog_ I keep freezing
Can’t play multiplayer cause I keep freezing, just got the game so don’t really understand why
submitted by rolfthedog_ to Titanfall_2_ [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 Humungus-Fungus Free Spore Giveaway (Golden teacher, Albino A+, PE6 Amazonian) UK Only
2021.07.27 13:39 Mofartz 3 more
2021.07.27 13:39 DendrobiumGarden Hymenocallis littoralis flower 02
submitted by DendrobiumGarden to flower [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 Mr_Eggs Su-37 equipped with the Connection For Flight Interface "COFFIN" system, is first introduced. Circa, 2020's
2021.07.27 13:39 zumuede Wer sind die besten deutschen Spieler?
Siehe Titel: Wer sind eurer Meinung nach die besten deutschen Spieler? Und warum? Egal ob NFL, GFL, ELF – aktuell oder historisch.
submitted by zumuede to American_Football [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 elguigster Limmy offers some advice to doctor murphy on why he doesnt need to always talk about sex
2021.07.27 13:39 AssistAmbitious4462 Help! MGate-Multi from Mogwai Audio Tools (describes as a free free VST3) wont work on Cubase, why?
I installed this plug-in as it was free and I really needed a multiband gate, it was advertized as VST3 but Cubase AI reads it as a VST2 plug in and imediately black lists it, did anyone else have this problem? How can I solve it?
submitted by AssistAmbitious4462 to cubase [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 Ultimatebeast12 Anyone interested in a MFR frost fury, MFR kangaroo and NFR dodo for a shadow dragon?
If you have a shadow and are willing to do this just drop a comment below
submitted by Ultimatebeast12 to AdoptMeTrading [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 LifelessFashionLover What do Norwegians call the job for curbside collection?
Like when people leave their couch on the side of the road, and the city has curbside collection services that pick it up. They're not garbagemen, they're something different; what do Norwegians call them?
submitted by LifelessFashionLover to Norway [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 NooberryCake So What I'm Like a Full-blown Marijuana Addict? 💚
2021.07.27 13:39 borteyurte Noracora Coupon Code Reddit
Here is the Noracora Coupon Code Reddit
Best deals, coupons and discount you can find there. You can find great discounts on there too.
submitted by borteyurte to CouponPromoCode2021 [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 ZeusZaps This series is what began my transgender character arc
2021.07.27 13:39 B3NQ Dual SIM bug Eufy Security iOS - Phone not connected to internet. Can't connect to video stream
I am using Eufy devices for a long time, and now i have a problem with connecting to HomeBase and to vide stream from cameras when i am outside of my Wi-Fi.
I am researching this topic and i i noticed that:
1.On my local Wi-Fi : works fine.
2.On someone else Wi-Fi : works fine.
3.My cellular connection with dual sim : does not work. also when eufy security app is trying to connect my safari connection freezes also. I think this could be the cause of the problem. I think somehow Eufy is switching to second SIM which has no internet ( iOS with eSIM and normal SIM) . For me it looks like it tries to use SIM card which is not allowed to have data transfer.
- Switched 1 SIM card : works fine.
Can someone who has similar problems or setup to confirm my observations?
submitted by B3NQ
to eufy_security [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 kaiiondabeat (FREE) Lil Tjay x Chris Brown Type Beat - "Devotion"
submitted by kaiiondabeat to RapBeats [link] [comments]
2021.07.27 13:39 grauzonetodd Corrupt mod ouchiemypwussy taking money for mod positions